Governor Okezie Ikpeazu PhD has constituted a seven man committee that is charged with the responsibility of payment of the arrears of some Government own parastatals, this is coming barely one year after the Commissioner of Finance Hon
Obinna Oriaku was accused of been the cog on the wheel of the payment Salaries. Recall that Oriaku was of the opinion that their should a positive change in the revenue management of the state if there should be a continuous payment of Salaries.
The press statement reads
The Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, PhD has approved the constitution of a COMMITTEE ON THE RESOLUTION OF ARREARS OF SALARIES OWED BY SOME GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS.
The membership of the Committee is as follows –
1. Dr. Aham Ukoh, Honorable Commissioner for Finance – Chairman
2. Sir Onyi Onyii Wamah, State Head of Service – Member
3. Dr Jonathan Osuji, Honorable Commissioner for Health – Member
4. Dr. Kck Nwangwa, Honorable Commissioner for Education – Member
5. Chief John Okiyi Kalu, Honorable Commissioner for Information – Member
6. Mr. Kelechi Imeoria – State Accountant General – Member
7. Uche Ihediwa Esq, Honorable Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice – Secretary.
The affected parastatals are –
1. Secondary Education Management Board (SEMB)
2. Abia State University Teaching Hospital Aba
3. Abia State Polytechnic, Aba.
4. Hospitals Management Board (HMB)
5. Abia State College of Education (Technical), Arochukwu.
6. Abia State College of Health and Management Sciences, Aba.
The Governor has mandated the Committee to complete their work within two weeks to ensure the immediate disbursement of the first tranche of payments to affected workers in these parastatals.