Shekau in trouble as Nigerian Army begins fresh manhunt to end Boko Haram

Spread the love

6 / 100 SEO Score

The Nigerian Army has kicked off a manhunt for the fourth batch of wanted Boko Haram terrorists.

It has also co-opted more Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) members into its operation.

A banner showing photographs of the wanted terrorists was unveiled by Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno and the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, on Wednesday at the CJTF Super Camp Chabal, near Maiduguri.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that many terrorists like Abubakar Shekau, Abu AlBarnawi, Ibrahim Maryam and Abu Sulum are among the latest list released.

Some of the wanted terrorists on the current list had been on the watch list since 2016, while others were declared wanted for the first time.

The Chief of Army Staff, Mr Buratai, said that some of the terrorists that had been declared wanted since 2016 have either been arrested or killed in various operations while some had been on the run.

He called on members of the public as well as the CJTF to support the army in fishing out remnants of Boko Haram terrorists that were still hiding and operating within their localities.

Mr Buratai also urged the troops to continue to deal decisively with the terrorists that were hiding in the forests.

According to him, the state government’s CJTF is partnering with the Nigerian army to ensure the final onslaught on the Boko Haram terrorists.

The Chief of Army Staff said the history of CJTF dated back to the 18th century in Europe during wars where it was discovered that the volunteers were very key to the various wars that they had fought

0 Reviews

Write a Review


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *