Boko Haram has claimed it shot down the Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet aircraft (NAF475) that was declared missing and later confirmed crashed by the military authorities.
The Director of Information and Public Relations (DOPRI), Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, had in a statement earlier on Friday, said that intelligence report gathered by the NAF indicates that the warplane that went off the radar with two crew members on board on 31 March 2021 might have crashed.
Gabkwet also said cause of the crash as well as the whereabouts of the 2 pilots; Flight Lieutenant John Abolarinwa and Flight Lieutenant Ebiakpo Chapele, remain unknown.
But Boko Haram later on Friday released a footage of it shooting down a fighter jet mid-air, according to tweet by HumAngle.
The video also showed fighters carrying RPG and artillery equipment, as well as an alleged corpse of the pilot and the aircraft’s debris.