ItRecently, African Countries is experiencing military coup. The reasons for the military takeover power is very simple. Most African Leaders have refused to hand over power at the most appropriate time.
Some African leaders have the primitive mindset that once they are in power it becomes their heritance.
Newsmirrorng.com in this publication has complied list of African dictators who have overstayed their welcome in power
1. Cameroon Paul Biya, 87yr-old. In office since 1982 [PM, then President] ( 45yrs)
2. Equatorial Guinea Teodoro Obiang, 78yr-old. In office since 1979.( 41yrs)
3 Rep of the Congo Denis Nguesso. 77yr-old In office since 1979. (36yrs)
4 Uganda Yoweri Museveni. 76yr-old. In office since 1986. (35yrs)
5. Eritrea Isaias Afwerki, 74yr-old. In office since 1993. (27yrs)
6. Rwanda Paul Kagame, 63yr-old. In office since 1994.[Acting Head of State, then President (26yrs)
7. Djibouti Ismaïl Omar Guelleh, 73yr-old. In office since 1999. (21yrs)
8. Namibia Hage Geingob, 79yr-old. In office since 1990 (Prime Minister-1990-2002) +(2012-2015) + (President-2015+present) – (20yrs)
9. Togo Faure Gnassingbé, 53yr-old. In office since 2005. (15yrs)