After 10 years of barrenness, bandits kill nursing mother, her mum in FCT

Spread the love

14 / 100

Despite the efforts of the security operatives to tackle the deteriorating security crisis in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, killings and abduction of residents have continued.

The blood-thirsty assailants, who have been causing mayhem in the nation’s capital city, recently intensified their unprovoked attacks on residents.

Although the security operatives recently recorded successes in the battle against terrorism in the city by rescuing kidnap victims and arresting suspects, newsmen gathered that some of the unfortunate attacks are underreported.

On Thursday, the family members of Simon Igba, an officer of the Nigeria Police Force, were thrown into agony following the killing of his wife, Christiana Igba and his mother-in-law, Maria Agbo.

It was gathered on Saturday that the dreaded gunmen kidnapped Christiana and her mother in the Dei-Dei area of the capital city about two weeks ago.

Mrs. Maria was on a postnatal visit to her daughter, Christiana, who recently gave birth after being childless since she tied the knot with her husband, Igba, about ten years ago.

The bandits had invaded their residence near the Mobil Barracks, Dei-Dei, hacked the husband to coma and whisked away Christiana, her mother and the one-month-old baby to an unknown destination.

One of the neighbours, Adejor Jacob, who narrated the incident to newsmen on Saturday, said the abductors had demanded N90 million ransom prior to the murder of the victims.

According to him, “The late Christiana gave birth recently after being barren for more than ten years. Her mother came to Abuja from Benue State for the postnatal and to celebrate with the family over the newborn.

“The kidnappers earlier asked the husband to pay N90 million ransom as the only condition to release his wife and his mother-in-law.

“A day before they were killed, the kidnappers contacted the husband and they both negotiated and settled for N10 million.

“The kidnappers asked him to make the money available before 10 am the following day, which was last Thursday.

“Before the agreed time, the kidnappers called the husband to inform him that the one month old-baby was ill.

“There was another victim that the kidnappers released that day so they gave her the little baby and asked her to take the newborn to a hospital.

“The kidnappers gave her the phone number of the baby’s father and asked her to call when she got to the hospital.

“The woman did as she was instructed. The hospital called Igba and he went there and recovered his baby. After a few hours, we received a report that Christiana and her mother had been killed.

“Their lifeless bodies were dumped and some police officers went there to recover them. They have been deposited at the Kubwa General Hospital.”

When newsmen visited the area on Saturday, it was gathered that the residents who are still in shock over the unprecedented murder, are living in fear.

According to a resident who does not want to be mentioned, “many people are relocating from Dei-Dei due to security issues in the area.

“There has been a series of kidnappings and killings in this place since January but most of the incidents are not captured by the media.”

About The Author

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.