At the end of the well-attended meeting of the Old Aba Zone (Ukwa La Ngwa) Consultative Assembly convened at the instance of Umunneato Ngwa and held on 29 January 2022, at Obo Ogu Hall, Mbubo Nsulu, Isiala Ngwa North LGA, Abia State; and
After exhaustive deliberation on the common interest of Old Aba Zone and the threatened existential needs, particularly the continuous subjugation of the right of Umunneato Ngwa as a distinct people within Abia Central Senatorial Zone to participate in governance of Abia State, The Consultative Assembly resolved as follows:
The Communique reads:
1. That the good people of Old Aba Zone in the Consultative Assembly, comprising all the nine Ukwa La Ngwa Local Government Areas of Abia State pass a vote of confidence on the Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, the re-builder of Abia, in appreciation of his satisfactory performance in infrastructural development, and the unprecedent guaranteed peace, and security of lives and property in Abia State. They vowed to support his government till the end.
2. That equity, justice, and fairness support that the hitherto marginalized and politically emasculated Old Aba Zone of Abia Central extraction, that is, Umunneato Ngwa comprising Isiala Ngwa North, Isiala Ngwa South and Osisioma Ngwa should produce the next Governor of Abia State come 2023.
3. That rotation to Umunneato Ngwa will simply translate to 16 years rule for Old Aba Zone to match the 16 years done by the Old Bende Zone in accord with the ‘Abia Charter of Equity’ which the Old Bende Zone has never respected neither in ruling for 16 years, nor in the political contestations of 2015 and 2019 which their sons vigorously contested.
4. To unite and galvanise the good people of Old Aba Zone (Ukwa La Ngwa) to produce the next Governor of Abia State in 2023 with the desired support and understanding of men and women of goodwill from the Old Bende Zone.
5. To begin viral consultations and political dialogue with our brothers and political allies from Old Bende Zone, starting from our immediate brothers, their extraction within Abia Central Senatorial Zone.
6. To urge all Abia people to permit peaceful dialogue, negotiation of power, politicking and political transition devoid of blackmail or threats to life and property to sustain the peace and security which the Governor, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu’s administration has assured and guaranteed.
Elder Sam. O. Chile
For: Contact and Mobilization.
Old Aba Zone Consultative Assembly
Obo Ogu Hall, Mbubo Nsulu. 29 January 2022
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more enquiry, please call +234- 808-050-9464 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234- 808-050-9464.