THE Henry Seriake Dickson Foundation, HSDF, in continuation of its commitment to enhancing human capital development, has rolled out special scholarships in Agricultural Entrepreneurship in the five programmes of its Faculty of Agriculture.
Candidates who have written JAMB and are qualified for on-going admission into the 2023/2024 academic session can apply for the scholarships which are tenable for these programmes at Hensard University:
B.Sc. Agricultural Economics and Extension Services
B.Sc. Animal Production and Husbandry
B.Sc. Fisheries and Aquaculture
B.Sc. Forestry and Wildlife Management
The scholarships cover tuition for the entire programme leading to the award of the B.Sc. degree. Successful candidates are to pay for hostel accommodation and registration fees only.
In a statement, the statement. HSDF said that the scholarships for studies in Agriculture was aimed at fast tracking the eradication of poverty and hunger.
“The vision is to use agriculture, enhanced by modern practices and technologies to ameliorate unemployment, poverty, food scarcity and hunger, the Foundation’s statement read.
WHY STUDY AGRICULTURE AT HENSARD UNIVERSITY?
· Hensard University programmes are designed to equip students with practical, industry-based experience, in addition to high standards of academic training.
· Hensard University students will be prepared for post-graduate life in sustainable development and production of food, wealth and job creation using entrepreneurial and practical training.
· Hensard University students will benefit from international linkages and collaborations which will avail them cutting-edge knowledge and technologies.
· Hensard University’s international exchange programmes will expose the students to the latest developments and practices in their specialisations.
· Hensard University students will be trained to be employers of labour, even before graduation.
HSDF ANNOUNCES SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HENSARD UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION SCHOOL
HSDF also announced scholarships for candidates who want to attend Hensard University Foundation School either to prepare for qualifying examinations such as JAMB, WAEC, NECO, GCE or are not yet placed in a university. Students who pass through the Foundation School could gain admission to Hensard University if they meet the requirements.
The scholarships cover tuition fees for the one-year Foundation programme. Successful candidates are expected to pay for hostel accommodation and registration fees only.
There will be qualifying tests for both scholarship programmes. The date will be announced. Applications for the scholarships should be made within 7 days of the publication.
Forms are available, free, on Henry Seriake Dickson Foundation website
BOLOUAREKEMEFA RESIDENT 07066309531
ATTI JOSHUA MOSES 08138055261
HENRY SERIAKE DICKSON FOUNDATION