What else makes a man noble? Which other way could you define a man with high moral standard, unrepentantly honest and charitable, a man whose word is bond?
Why is Ncheta Elvis Omerekpe different from so many people and why is his birthday worth celebrating?
He has never contested for any political position before, but for the past 15 – years out of his 51 years on earth, he has channelled his youthful energy to carrying the cross of the vulnerable and the less privileged in our society.
This wary and weary dean of the agricultural, construction and humanitarian services is also a fighter of superlative merit, all aimed at showing love to mankind.
Never in this history of Abia state has one young man done so much for his people and very quiet and calm about his lofty achievements.
For 15 – years, Ncheta has done a lot but not limited to:
* Construction and asphalting of 17 kilometres of virgin roads ( Never in the history of Abia state)
* Distribution of vehicles and motorcycles.
* Building of primary and secondary schools.
* Building of civic halls
* Construction of Skills acquisition centres
* Free Medical outreach across Abia state
* Investment of $ 1 Billion Dollars in Agriculture that has the capacity to employ 4000 Abia youths
* Equipping health care centres
* Drilling of solar powered boreholes
* Dishing out scholarship to undergraduates
* Distribution of rice and fertilizers to indigent people
* Massive donations to Aba Sports club
* Sponsors football talent hunt
* Engages UN peace Ambassadors on youth orientation
– the list is endless.
Ncheta Omerekpe is a MAN WHO SAW TOMORROW and the true origin of #MADUFORO# – the Abia mantra for youth renainsance as his programmes are all aimed at empowering the youths.
If not for coronavirus pandemic, in February this year, he brought foreign partners for massive Agricultural programme with three pilot areas identified – Ukwa East, Isiala Ngwa North and Isuikwuato LGAs. Yours sincerely was also part of the visitation team.
Many have called Ncheta Okoro Omerekpe to come for elective position in 2023 based on his rare achievements for the past 15 – years as an individual, believing if he could achieve so much out of government, that he could be trusted with power as a natural PROJECT MAN.
For now, Ncheta is yet to heed to that clarion call, he is indeed TRAPPED IN LOVE TRIANGLE – His love for mankind, his love for the youths and the vulnerable and his love for Abia.
Please help me to celebrate this worthy son from Ngwaland, popularly crowned ODOZI OBODO by the entire Ukwa la Ngwa Traditional Rulers Council, the man called OFO NDI IGBO outside Abia and the man whose love for the humanity is immeasurable as he clocks 51years today
Ndi kanyi #MADUFORO NU#.
Prince Clinton Uba is Director; Media and Publicity, Ncheta Omerekpe Foundation; also BOT Member/ BOT Secretary