The Gov. Ikpeazu led adminstration in Abia state has set up modalities for the on going Reconstruction of Ngwa road market, Aba.
This was made known in a release by the Honourable Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi kalu as a follow up to the representations made by some traders and leaders of Ngwa Road Market Traders Association (NGWAMATA), to the Executive Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, the Governor has directed as follows:
1. That the developers, Messrs Peacock Urban Regeneration Limited suspend commencement of work till Sunday, 30th May, 2021, to enable all concerned traders evacuate their wares in the affected shops and find alternatives within and outside the market.
2. That only Lines One and Two will be reconstructed in the first phase while others will follow, as approved, after completion of the work and reinstatement of the traders affected by the first phase activity.
3. That the contractor ensures that reconstruction of the initial two lines be completed within 6 weeks while Governor Okezie Ikpeazu delivers the allocation papers to beneficiaries within 8 weeks.
4. That the contractor reconstructs the designated park area concurrently with the initial two lines.
5. That no other entity, corporate or individual, is permitted to develop or construct any structure at the designated parking area except the approved developer, Messrs Peacock Urban Regeneration Limited .
6. That the list of existing shop owners along the affected lines be handed over to the Governor through the Commissioner for Information before the commencement of the work.
7. That all existing shop owners must be allowed to return to their shops after reconstruction before any other off taker.
8. That the list of existing shop owners be announced via the radio stations in Aba and any omission arising therefrom be remedied through application and presentation of appropriate documents to the office of the Commissioner for Information.
9. That any individual or group that attempts to disrupt the work be arrested by security agents and sanctioned appropriately.
10. That it is only after completion of the work on Lines 1 and 2 that government will authorize commencement of work on additional lines in the market.
Governor Ikpeazu wishes to assure traders at the market that his administration is committed to the total reconstruction of the market to save it from the forecast heavy flooding and its attendant danger to lives and property of those currently doing business there.
Government commits to ensuring minimal disruption and discomfort to the traders through diligent monitoring of the progress of work.
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more enquiry, please call +234- 808-050-9464 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234- 808-050-9464.