The Federal Government on Saturday explained why China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCEC), suspended work on the eastern rail line.
It said the contractor was compelled to pause work along the corridor due to insecurity and vandalisation of rail infrastructure.
Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Jaji Sambo disclosed this during an inspection tour of the project in Port Harcourt.
He said CCEC complained of attacks on its workers along the Abia State axis.
The minister also described as fake news claims that funds meant for the Eastern rail line has been diverted to other projects.
He said: “It was fake news because the progress made so far on the project is from the 15 per cent of the counterpart funding by Nigeria while the 85 per cent to be provided by foreign parterners is still negotiated.
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to email@example.com. For more enquiry, please call +234- 808-050-9464 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234- 808-050-9464.