Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has asked all Abians to take the issue of the raging Covid-19 pandemic very serious, saying the virus is real and very very dangerous.
In a press statement released by his Media Adviser, Uchenna Awom, the Senator nonetheless assured the people, that “we all will emerge from the pandemic stronger”, only if you cooperate with the State government by adhering strictly to its measures, protocol and that of the Federal Government taskforce on Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC).
Senator Abaribe who regrets the raging upsurge of the deadly pandemic in the country, which is now very frighteningly serious in the state, however, advised the people of the state and in particular the people of Abia South Senatorial District to be very cautious in the light of recent developments by strictly adhering continually, to the preventive measures and protocol as reeled out by NCDC, among which includes the following;
1) Continue to Maintain social distancing.
2) Washing of hands regularly with soap and water
3) Using of hand sanitizer
4) Wearing of face mask in the public
5) Avoid group gatherings
6) Report any symptoms to the health authorities.
7) Avoid shaking of hands as much as possible.
8) keep your environments clean and any other directives that may be handed out by the government and other health Care agencies, particularly the NCDC and the World Health Organization (WHO).