In what may seem a very positive step by individuals to fight the dangerous Coronavirus Pandemic in Abia state, a group of Abia Professionals are targeting the sum of #100 Million naira, individual contributions to build a world class and state – of – the art Isolation Centre in Umuahia.
The centre, located at Federal Medical Centre ( FMC), Umuahia is nearing completion and will have all the facilities that will make it one of the best in Nigeria.
This project was made possible by an Abia state born daughter from Igbere, Barri. Ngozi Ekeoma. She is a lawyer by training and the Managing Director, Nepal Oil and Gas services LTD
The Igbere, Bende LGA born lawyer and Oil magnet has brought so many Abia professionals together in this direction.
Bari. Ngozi Ekeoma reached out to Abia Professionals and made the highest individual donation of #10 million naira for the project.
As at press time, the group has contributed close to #60 million and the isolation centre is targeted to be ready and fully equipped before the ending of August, bearing any last minute hitches.
The 7 man working committee on this project are as follows:
1. Dr Anne Okoroafor. She is a medical doctor, who retired as an assistant director general in Dss( Department of State Security)in charge of medical services.
2. Chigor Uzor kalu . She is a business woman and managing director of Serjin properties and Serjin ltd.
3. Mr Johnson Chukwu. He is a financial expert and current managing director of Cowery Asset
Chairman of Virgin forest energy, Fidelity Pension and Standard Alliance plc.
4. Etigwe Uwa, SAN. He is a managing partner in Steamsower and Kohn, a reputable and high profile legal firm.
5. Dr Ngozi Azodoh. She is a doctor and director/Head of Dept of Special projects National Coord Health Response to Humanitarian Emergencies Federal Ministry of Health
6. Fidel Ibeabuchi. He is a seasoned Banker and currently Zonal head commercial banking East @ Access bank (overseeing the five States of the East).
7. Uzoma Nwagba is a millennial an ex Harvard Business School MBA, ex Project Manager Microsoft , ex Manager Africa Capital Alliance and currently the DG Social Enterprise @ the Vice President Office.
As at the time newsmirrororg.com crew visited the site, the building has gotten to it’s roofing stage while at the same time, the conduit electrical fittings are going on simultaneously.
Let us thank our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and leaders for this project that will compliment the efforts of Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu in fighting this global pandemic.
Abia shall be great and together we shall fight this dreaded coronavirus !!!