The leadership and members of Anambra State Chapter of Coalition of 50 Political Parties met today 15th of October 2021. Recall that the Coalition of 50 Political Parties is an umbrella organization of political parties with pending matter with Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at the Supreme Court having won INEC in a landmark judgement at the Court of Appeal. In our meeting today, we empirically reviewed amongst other things the scorecard of the ruling political party in the Anambra State, the political/security crisis in Southeast and the manifestoes of all the 18 Governorship Candidates for the November 6, 2021 Governorship election in the Anambra State.
Having carefully considered the foregoing, we unanimously resolved –
1. To commiserate with families who lost their loved ones in the past few weeks and pray that God will grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.
2. That the APGA-led government in Anambra State has performed creditably well and therefore deserves continuity.
3. That among the 18 Governorship Candidates in the forthcoming November 6, Governorship election, Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo towers shoulder high above others, with verifiable and impressive antecedents, qualifications, pedigree and experience.
4. That we are not unaware of the happenings in neighbouring state and would not wish Anambra State to degenerate to such sorry and helpless situation.
5. That we commend His Excellency Governor Willie Obiano for the relative peace and security in the State and prompt payment of workers salaries.
6. That we happily thank His Excellency for the first ever Anambra Cargo and Passenger International Airport and the International Conference Center. It is our considered and consensus opinion that your administration shall be eternally remembered for these indelible legacy projects and many more.
7. That having done a thorough scrutinization of the 18 Governorship Candidates and their manifestoes, having x-rayed the antecedents of the 18 Governorship Candidates, having considered the capacity of each Governorship Candidate to deliver genuine dividends of democracy and having consulted with our members in the grassroots, we unequivocally endorse the candidacy of Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo for the November 6, 2021 Governorship election in Anambra State. We pledge to mobilize our structures from State down to ward level for the evangelism of Soludo gospel.
8. We also encourage and enjoin Ndi Anambra to come out en-mass on November 6th and massively vote for APGA for the overall interest of the state and Ndigbo in general.
Thank you and God bless you.
Hon. Kenneth Okafor
Coalition of 50 Political Parties in Anambra State