Abia Workers,Pensioners and COVID 19.

Spread the love

11 / 100 SEO Score

Globally the economic,social and sports life is now on a halt due to the the adverse effects of Coronavirus pandemic.

Dr Aham Uko

This ugly and pitiable phenomenon follows suit in Nigeria and decentralized to the States and Local Government.

Now,the only option left is for the Government parastatals, agencies,ministries and private organizations to shut down their offices to curb down the spread of the dreaded Coronavirus pandemic.

Now,the Abia State Government with it’s sense of conscience and empathy did the needful so that the adverse effects of COVID 19 is cushioned.

Here,the Finance Commissioner is the point of contact,Sir Aham Uko swung into action by making sure that the salaries of Abia State workers and pensioners were paid.

Recall before now,that there was a biometric data capturing of pensioners,of course this paid positive dividends towards the harmonization of pensioners in Abia State,we should remember that previously the number of pensioners was Eight thousand four hundred (8400) but after the transparent verification exercise it dropped to five thousand eight hundred(5800) pensioners.It is worth noting that as of the time of filling this report over 98% pensioners have been paid for this month of March,the only remaining 2% was not paid due to issues of Bank Verification Number (BVN),Account Number issues and Account Name harmonization.

It is very impressive and pertinent to note that the MDAs,LGA staff,parastatals and other relevant government agencies have received their monthly salaries.

According to the financial managerial supremo,Dr Aham Uko,”we must work round the clock to make sure that our workers are paid as at when due,we must make sure that all our workforce are properly entrenched and welfare properly taken care of”,the Abia State Commissioner of Finance noted.

0 Reviews

Write a Review


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *