18-year-old Nigerian electrocuted after sleeping off with charging iPhone on chest

Spread the love

7 / 100

A teenager, Chibuike Emmanuel, has reportedly died from electrocution in Ozoro, Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

The 18-year-old was said to have been electrocuted at about 5:00 pm on Tuesday while charging his iPhone 8.

NAN quoted a community source saying the incident was reported to the police at about 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday.

The mother’s friend (name withheld), who brought him from Lagos to spend his holiday in Ozoro, filed the report.

The victim laid on the floor in the residence of the woman at Idheze Road, Ozoro, placed the phone on his chest while charging and slept off.

“The deceased was electrocuted. He was rushed to Okeleke Hospital for resuscitation but was confirmed dead”, a source said.

His body has been transported to the Bromic private mortuary in Ozoro awaiting autopsy.

Police Public Relations Officer, Delta Command, DSP Bright Edafe confirmed the incident.

Via: News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)


Spread the love

For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to newsmirror14@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234- 808-050-9464 or whatsapp. To place advert, please call +234- 808-050-9464.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.